What is Whey Protein Concentrate?👇
Whey Protein Concentrate, also known as WPC (whey protein concentrate), is derived from milk whey. The whey is separated from the solid part of the milk - casein, using enzymes. After separation, it contains various substances, including proteins, lactose, minerals, and trace elements. The whey processing continues with its filtration, during which fats and lactose are separated to obtain a protein concentrate. Whey concentrate used in sports nutrition typically contains between 70 and 80%proteins, the rest being lactose, fats, and minerals.
The quality and composition of the concentrate can vary depending on the processing method used and the original quality of the whey. hyve WPC 80 is processed by cross-flow microfiltration(CFM), which occurs at low temperatures and is thus gentle on the protein itself. Proteins processed by this method are also more easily digestible compared to the conventional method of ultrafiltration. They contain a full spectrum of essential amino acids, including a high amount of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs - Leucine, Valine, and Isoleucine). After protein concentration using the chosen method, a spray drying process follows, which is thermoregulated to prevent protein denaturation. During this process, the "protein" acquires its typical appearance of white powder.
What are the main benefits of WPC?
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) is popular among athletes, bodybuilders, and those trying to increase their protein intake in their diet, especially due to the following benefits:
- 💡Has versatile uses: besides regular consumption with water or milk, it can be added to porridges, pancakes, smoothies, or for baking
- 💡Contains a full spectrum of essential amino acids
- 💡Contains all branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs)
- 💡Contains a significant amount of Leucine, important for muscle protein synthesis
- 💡Whey proteins are quickly and easily digestible
- 💡Amino acids are readily available for muscle recovery and growth
- 💡Contains immunoglobulins and other bioactive compounds that can support the immune system and improve overall vitality
hyve WPC 80 CFM is a completely natural protein without artificial sweeteners
In addition to all the positive properties mentioned above, hyve whey concentrate can boast that it:
- ✅ contains no artificial sweeteners
- ✅ contains no artificial flavors
- ✅ contains no artificial colors
- ✅ contains no thickeners based on natural gums and cellulose
Who is whey concentrate suitable for and how to dose it?
If you have no special dietary restrictions and are healthy, whey concentrate WPC is suitable for:
- athletes and active population
- anyone wanting to increase their daily protein intake
Recommended protein intake per kilogram of body weight according to lifestyle
- Population with sedentary jobs: 0.8-1 g protein / kg / day
- Athletes aiming to build muscle mass: 1.6-2 g protein / kg / day
- Endurance athletes: 1.2-4 g protein / kg / day
How can whey concentrate help you increase your protein intake?
- From 1 serving (25 g) of hyve WPC 80 CFM, an average active woman (60 kg) receives between 26-30% and an average active man (80 kg) 19-22% of their recommended protein intake, depending on which category of athlete they belong to (bodybuilder vs. endurance athlete).
A single serving of hyve WPC 80 CFM (chocolate flavor) thus can create a good foundation for you to easily consume the rest of the proteins from regular food throughout the day.
Proper dosing of whey concentrate is guided by individual needs and lifestyle and is thus derived from the total daily recommended amount of protein per kilogram of body weight.
To cover your daily protein intake in addition to regular food, usually, 1-2 protein drinks per day are sufficient. Protein can be mixed with water or milk.
On training days:
- It is recommended to consume one serving of protein after training
- Another serving can be included in the morning, for example with oatmeal or a smoothie
- In the evening, take protein at least 1.5-2 hours before bedtime
On non-training days:
- You should consume the same amount of protein per kilogram of body weight as on a training day
- The timing of protein intake can be adjusted on these days according to your individual daily routine
- Also remember to ensure sufficient carbohydrate intake
- In the evening, dose protein at least 1.5-2 hours before bedtime